These are absolutely amazing! I bought a large amount of chickpeas to make hummus and had plenty left over to tryout a new recipe. I found a book at the library called Cornelia Guest's Simple Pleasures that had some healthy fantastic seasonal recipes. Searching through it I found this recipe and was excited to make it. Well let me just say it turned out better than I expected. You should try it!
Serves: 8 ~~ Total Time: 10 minutes
* 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed OR chickpeas that have been
soaked over night & rinsed well
* 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
* 1 garlic clove chopped
* 1/4 tsp ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
* 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper, divided
* 2 tbls of any flour of choice
* 2 tbls olive oil
* 1/2 cup Vegenaise, yogurt or sour cream
* 3 tbls fresh lemon juice
* mixed greens
* grape tomatoes
* 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1. In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas, parsley, garlic, cumin, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper just until coarsely chopped and the mixture comes together when gently squeezed.
2. Form into eight 1/2-inch thick patties and coat with the flour, tapping off excess.
3. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Cook the patties turning carefully until golden brown. 3-4 min per side.
4. Ina small bowl, whisk the Veganaise, lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
5. Put chickpeas on a platter with the mixed greens, tomatoes, onion, and dressing on the side.